Friday 9 February 2007

Revisting my last posting

Write about ThirdBlog here.

I am not content with the last posting. However having written it, I do not intend to amend it now. I think that one should arrive at simplicity, finding the simplicity and patterns through the complexity. My previous entry focussed on the complexity, and was probably factually inaccurate in parts.

I quite like some complex stuff, most people do. My mind is quite suited to IT applications, the conceptual thought and the dimensional space that is implicit. However I think that it is wrong to dwell on the complexity. It is purely temporary, in five years time, my comments on Microsoft word will be irrelevant.

I was out walking my dog this afternoon, listening to an architecture podcast, while looking out across my town, across to distant bridges, and muddled mountains merging into a cloudy horizon. I’ve been mulling over a lot of thoughts in my head. The field was poor, rocky and pitted, covered in moss, filled with those dried vertical stem whips.

Am I adding value or just being awkward.

A useful maxim to approach things with. Is this adding value, or is it just being critical for the sake of it.

I am quite engaged in low level local politics, as well as working for the government. Am I adding value or just being awkward.



What is an exhibition
An exhibition is a display in a room. A leaflet is a display on some pages. Somehow an exhibition seems more valid, but is it. How does it differ from a webpage. Why is a blog not a podcast, and not a webpage.

Really it is just custom We expect an exhibtion to be like something.

Sunday 4 February 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment