Sunday 1 April 2007

Amazon indulges

And so, ....

I have a week off.

I do a lot of train journeys, mainly the same route, so when I catch a different train it feels really different, even when it starts off along exactly the same line, at the same time, in the same clothes,

sitting on the train feels very different, because you know that it is going to end up somewhere different, so the expectation somehow changes your perception of the present.

Other wierdly different, when it is the same, experiences, going round somewhere when everyone is at work, or school, and you’re not, but should be, somewhere busy on a quiet Sunday morning, going to work wearing something different from usual.

It is now Monday morning, but knowing that I had a week off made the weekend seem completely different. Normally I would have stressed over fitting in everything that always needs done. But instead I’ve been reading Getting Things Done by David Allen, and trying to organise the various stuff that I want to get done, or ought to get done. I’ve also been trying to declutter my life of all those half done tasks that just depress you every time you see them, but never seem urgent enough to actually get done.


{First stage of revision: Sorting out several months' worth of notes.

can't sleep paper stacks will eat me

from evilstorm - LiveJournal posting}


I am probably spending too much on iTunes, too much in the sense that I cannot afford much, rather than too much in the sense that I am actually spending like some crazy loon lottery winner with minutes left to live. Mighty fond of the Holly Gollightly album, You cannot buy a gun when you are crying. However iTunes like Amazon indulges your desire to browse, and make lists, and personalise. I knew someone from Taiwan who liked really top end HiFi and would listen to violin solos, not because he liked them, but because it was the most taxing music for the HiFi to play properly. I suppose you could play endlessly on iTunes without actually enjoying listening to music at all.

I would like to learn to tap dance, so that when I am queuing on the train platform, I could tap dance to amuse myself and others, or more likely amuse myself and annoy others. It would be just so surreal to have someone tap dancing for a minute on a train platform, then they stop and vanish into the crowd.

I would like to get dvd’s of the Wim Wender’s films that I enjoyed while at the University FilmSoc, Kings of the Road, and the State of Things, but they seem too obscure to have made it onto dvd, for shame, they are very beautiful and quite contemplative in their way.

The sun is slowly rising behind a misty day, skeleton trees against white blotting paper sky, my garden is starting to bud, barbie pink camelia by the steps, and a slightly washed out kerria against the sky blue trellis I made when we moved here, dog curled huffily on his sofa.

I suppose I should be more purposeful, but like someone on a different train, happy to release myself to the possibilities of the moment.
s320x240

No comments:

Post a Comment