Sunday 27 May 2007

life is good right now

For me, life is good right now.

I was listening to The Sunset Tree by the Mountain Goats, and my wife told me the singer had a nasal voice, and when I looked on wikipedia, they too said he had a nasal voice, it is something that I would never have been able to tell. She sees things that I simply cannot see. I love and rely on her totally.

My daughters are moving through that long stage between being totally dependent, and being totally independent. I want them to be ready for life's challenges, and possibilities. In my eyes they are already incredible and wonderful people.

I recognise that I like things that make me think, I'm far less interested in learning for the sake of learning. I guess that most people are not like that. The internet has opened up a vast library of information and ideas up to me, where I can contribute with ideas of my own.

I have a sturdy house in an unpretentious street, I am filling my garden with fruit trees and bushes, learning and trying out new ideas.

My involvement in my local community regularly makes small differences to people's lives, making the place more welcoming.

My work helps people, and hopefully makes a positive difference to the way that people view themselves.

I am content with my little spot in life, I am on the road to being a little more than I am now, but I am not so bad as I am.

s320x240

No comments:

Post a Comment