Friday 28 September 2007

And when I am gone ...

  • what will make them think of me
  • an empty desk
  • an ugly cacti that no one else wants
  • some wooden woodwork planes left on my desk
  • my handwriting when they see it
  • what will make you think of me
  • our old gray dog that I picked out at the pound
  • The General with Buster Keaton
  • places where we walked together
  • the songs of the Mountain Goats
  • what will make her think of me
  • the old jokes that we shared together
  • the chew of fresh rolls from the corner shop
  • jam from the autumn brambles we gathered together
  • the tug in the calves upon climbing the hills
  • what will make you think of me
  • all those fruit trees I planted over the years
  • boxes upon boxes of old 2000ADs
  • the house we chose together
  • Aberdeen
  • and when I am gone, you will look at our daughters, and think of me,

No comments:

Post a Comment