Friday 19 October 2007

most fun art supply ever

Quick diary style update - for yesterday

yesterday I had a day off, my wife was working, so I was looking after the girls in the morning, and my wife got back in the afternoon.

Usually looking after the girls goes better when you try and stick some sort of structure on it, balancing out the fun, and the not so fun.

Started off by getting them to do the vacuum cleaning, while I did some other cleaning up round the house. If I get them to vacuum clean the house every week, hopefully the fact that they don't do that good a job, will be balanced off by the fact that it is done reasonably often. Had a quick trip out to dump stuff in the recycling point by the railway station, and pick up a big sack of leaves for my chicken wire leaf mould maker.

Then took a juice/tea break, and got them looking at the FontShop website looking at different fonts, for ideas. Got them to write their names in their own special fonts. Megan did a rather angular font, which I could easily imagine as a professional font. Hannah wrote her name using animals in the shape of the letters. As ever a lot of fun, but frustration along the way, when letters were too big, so a whole name could not fit onto the one page.

That pretty much took us to lunchtime, though I had also bought some broken oil pastels from the local arts shop, for them to experiment with.

In the afternoon, my wife got back, and we settled down to watch Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, which I saw twenty years ago, and thought was very good. Pleased to see that it really was still very good, everyone enjoyed it, though truth be told my wife probably fell asleep during some of it. Big pile of family on the sofas, along with sleepy dog, laughing at some very silly stuff, and arguing over who all the stars were that had been pasted into the film, my wife being far better at recognising them than I was.

Then family tea, of splashy spaghetti bolognese.

Also watched a couple of episodes of Sledgehammer, I bought both series ages ago, and we watch a few episodes every now and a again, whenever the girls nagging gets too much! They do like Sledgehammer, from the classic openning theme, to the completely daft humour. Also watched some old Whose Line is it Anyway, which the girls did not quite understand, but seemed to get into eventually.

Also reading JPod, wrote a quick blog entry in the style of Douglas Coupland and usual playing about on the computer. Delighted to find Pilot Gel Marker Pens for sale on the internet, as they are simply the most fun art supply ever. I'll need to put in an order.

Also launch date for Leopard is now out, so I will be buying a new computer soon!!! Yeee Haaa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment