Sunday 30 March 2008

still flu of the cold

My cold come flu is still hanging around, like the remnants of some nightmare christmas turkey, that come new year everyone is growing to detest.

What with being flu of the cold, and the recent spate of public holidays, things have not been moving terribly rapidly at work, so I'm keen to knuckle down and shove things on apace. Of course if this cold does ever actually go away, then that would be a start in the right direction.

Clocks went forward last night, so I have adjusted
one watch - the battery on the other one needs replaced
one battery powered alarm clock that is so basic that I can work it
my pendulum clock
my wind up mantlepiece clock

I do also have one of those remote control clocks that has the benefit of coping with the clocks going fore and back, but the disbenefit of completely beyond me, so that if ever I needed to set an alarm clock to wake me up, that I could rely on (usually a good feature) it certainly would not be this one.

I ordered some cables last week, and they arrived during the week.
One ethernet cable, which I'm running upto the girl's bedroom to give them internet in their room, and a midi usb cable.

The ethernet cable works fine, and I'll just have to figure out the least obtrusive route to run it from the living room to the upstairs bedroom. I suppose someone bolder than me would rely on powertools and just drill some holes, but I'm routing it round the skirting instead. Compared to the high cost, and periodic moodiness of wireless, simply running a cable is not that bad an option.

The usb-midi cable seems fine, but there don't seem to be any drivers available for the Bontempi organ, so that is one fine idea, that has not gone far. I'm sure that the cable will come in handy in due course.

Nothing much else doing, I'm still taking it pretty easy, hoping to finally shift this cold, rather than trying to get lots done and then collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment