Sunday 11 April 2010

mopping up

I'll try and mop up a few things with this blog posting.


Why don't they get the people who make film trailers make the whole film. I've been sorely dissappointed by pretty much every recent film I've seen. The trailers have been superb. But the films, long, dull, poor endings. All the best stuff crammed into two minutes of trailer, and everything else in the film is pretty much inferior.


Maybe this worked in the past when you only saw a trailer once, so you did not really remember it, but now you can watch a trailer any number of times, so you are well familiar with it by the time that you see the film.


Fortunately there seem to be a plethora of classic films coming out on DVD at the moment, so I'm ordering some cult films for my viewing pleasure. Recently seen Ghost Dog, and Kings of the Road.


The sun is out, at last. Time to get back out into the garden. Creeping ground elder is taking over one corner of my garden, so I might need to disregard my principles and apply weedkiller to avoid the whole place being taken over with it. I'm also stepping down from some community work. I've done it for three years, and at about half a day a week, it is really too much to fit in. The garden has been sorely neglected for a few years now, and it would be nice to just free up a bit of time at the weekends. Lately things have been an awful dash.


I've been doing my best to be organised, and I'm making progress on things, but there just seem to be too few hours in the day to get everything done.


No comments:

Post a Comment