Sunday 27 April 2008

Spring has sprung

This blog is fulfilling a long held ambition of mine, to actually do some work, well it is work in the loosest possible sense, on my laptop, in my garden.

However the dream is not quite as advertised, as with bright sun, it is almost impossible to use a laptop, I am sitting on some steps in the shade, with the screen just legible and no more. Still it is nice to be out, and I won't quibble at the sun.

Spring has finally arrived, it is very warm this weekend. I have been making the best of it, by spending time in the garden. Yesterday I did a burn of old bits of wood that had been lying about, and today I have been doing a mix of weeding, planting stuff that has outgrown pots, and seemingly endless amounts of shifting stuff about. Unfortunately our garden is anything but level,it must rise the height of a two storey house from front to back, with numerous steps, and slopes everywhere. Therefore no need to buy a wheelbarrow, everying is lugged, with attendant grunting. Good old Attendant Grunting, always there when you need him, though he does go on a bit sometimes, we would not be without him.

Anyway the once sodden soil is now starting to crust up, and weeding has metamorphosed into pulling the leaves off things, it is too hot, my hands are all tingly with stings and scrapes, so catching up on my blog now. Over the weekend I have done a fair bit, so not feeling guilty, and it always seems more productive to mix up the tasks.

There is nothing more natural than being out. The real beauty of gardening is that it gives you an excuse to get out when you need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment