Saturday 25 August 2007

this is my desk

my desk2

This is my desk.

Browsing the MacFormat forum, posting on people's desks, I was drawn to a blue lamp in one of the photos. It is one of these things from IKEA that is a sort of lamp, in that it includes small LEDs and you plug it in, but is not exactly a lamp, in that it won't exactly flood the room with light. Anyway desks with computers are all so dull and samey, and it really brightened up a dull corner, and made things look a bit more mysterious and futuristic, so I decided that I wanted one.

So bought one at IKEA yesterday, and here is a photo of my desk. I should point out, that I do share this computer - with everyone else in the house, and they do occasionally leave stuff on the desk, although in fairness most of the junk and clutter belongs to me.

Running through the IT kit

one iMac 17"
one La Cie external drive
one wireless mighty mouse
one Epson colour stylus colour 740

one Ikea Tybble - blue light

other relevant stuff
camera vivitar - vivicam 3105s 3.2 megapixel camera
ipod nano - blue

I bought the camera as it was the cheapest digital camera in the Argos catalogue at the time, and I was not sure whether I would get much use out of it, on the basis that it cost £30 it is pretty good, but I would like to trade up to something a bit better.

On the subject of desks and clutter, worth remembering that this is Al Gore working at his desk !!

No comments:

Post a Comment